Codebreakers

MandelaTwo

Administrator
Staff member
On my Server(s) I connect using something called SSH keys, extremely secure compared to a password as it uses a private key stored on the server and a public key stored on my computer. That is the root or administrator account and if someone (Tony Bliar eg) could crack it they would have full control of my server. I also have a non privileged account so I can connect my computer via an encrypted tunnel so that my server (in another Country) becomes my Internet service provider and all my actual ISP knows is that I have connected to another computer. Because this account is non sudo you can use a simple password because if anyone does (and they did) crack it, yes they can disconnect you and annoy you but they can't do much else. Guess what? Suddenly I started getting knocked of my server(s) (same simple password), so I changed them, something you can only do via the administrator account and things are back to normal.

Yes the server's ISP could spend a lot of time and money trying to track me but I use different ones and in any event, I do not break any laws, I just don't like being tracked by unelected blackmailing criminals.

If I use my 'naked' internet connection, I get blocked from all sorts of legitimate sites, including this one.

I did actually enter my simple password into a non encrypted (no SSL) account, while experimenting with encrypted (wireguard) connections and I presume that's how they got that (now redundant) password.

Last edited: